Sunday, February 19, 2017

Ashley Faith

For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
Psalm 139:13 (NIV)

Ashley Faith died in my arms last night.  This premature one month old who was found abandoned in a dumpster is now in heaven where she has found her eternal home.  Her only home here on earth was a little wooden box with a light bulb to keep her warm in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Tenwek Hospital.  There NICU nurses loved her, missionaries held her, and last night her pediatrician and I sang Jesus Loves Me  to her as she struggled to breathe.  She never had any earthy clothes except for the knit cap that was lovingly made by dear women from my church and she will be buried with that colorful cap.  But she will rise with heavenly garments!

Her earthly mother forsook her but through Gpd’s providence I was blessed to be her earthly Nanya for a few days and to cuddle, caress, and hold her tight.  Thanks be to God for the gift of this precious child.

 See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God
1 John 3:1 (NIV)


Miriam

1 comment:

  1. What sadness and joys your journey in Africa brings. I am so sorry for the loss of Ashley, but joyful that she had the love from you and others at the hospital for her short time on earth. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

    ReplyDelete