Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Go Blue


as

Staff Entrance


Center of the Medical Universe



A big surprise met me on my first trek up the hill to the hospital yesterday morning.  There is all new signage for the entrance and for the various departments.  The best part is that they are painted in my favorite colors…maize and blue!  There is no question that it was picked for a reason!  Tenwek provides care in a challenging environment and a key to that mission is education!  

This month I, along with others,  will continue to work on the curriculum for a residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology.  I have been a participant in many curricula but what is challenging is designing one in another environment and culture.  We have to be sure that we make a local difference in the care and outcome for Kenya.  In other words, the design has to meet the needs of the communities that will be served.  

I feel blessed to be able to participate in this Tenwek educational effort. Go Blue!
Marvin

p.s. Maize and Blue are the school colors of the University of Michigan, my medical school and residency alma mater.



No comments:

Post a Comment